How to Get a Hot New Wardrobe Without Spending a Dime!
Posted on April 19, 2012
Here's how it works:
- Prior to friend arriving, go through all corners of the house that contain your clothing.
- Collect into a Goodwill box, any clothing that you would rather not expose yourself to any more.
- Create a----do-I-look-like-a-@#$%-in-this, do-I-really-like-this-thing-I-bought-10-years-ago, is-this-just-something-I'm-confusing-with-a-special-memory, have-I-completely-lost-perspective-on-style ----pile of clothing.
- Organize back into your closet and dresser any clothing that you're absolutely sure you feel like a beauty queen rockstar in.
- Good friend arrives and you prep her with a fun drink, a comfortable seat, relaxing lighting, and all the instructions she needs to make the right decisions.
- Walk out of your bedroom wearing one piece of clothing from the pile.
- Good friend takes a quick look at what she sees.
- Good friend makes a decision within 10 seconds.
- Good friends says out loud ONLY ONE of 3 things: yes, no, or maybe.
- Throw items in their designated yes, no, or maybe piles.
- Giggle a lot (especially at certain pieces of clothing like the crop shirt you bought back in high school that could still be cute if the bottom of your boobs weren't hanging out of it).
- Cry a little?
- Finish and go back to the maybe pile.
- Good friend has another 10 seconds to make her specific maybe case (e.g. well, I like that shirt because the color is so good on you. I'm uncertain because it doesn't really seem like your style any more?).
- Then you have another 10 seconds to make the final yes or no decision on the maybe pile.
- Discuss with Good Friend new ways to wear the old stuff.
- Be creative and ridiculous! Have fun!
- In another 6 months, REPEAT!