4 years ago, today.

Posted by Betsy

I was 27.  I had a boyfriend.  He had a motorcycle.  We rode on Sauvie Island together, dreaming (secretly, independently) about the future.

Humble Beginnings.

Dorkin' it up with one of my first sales!

March 15th, 2008:  I opened a tiny studio to the public with a lot of heart, a little drive and a touch of insanity.  I had no money, no accounts, no dedicated buyers.   A band played.  It was raining.  People bought stuff.  We celebrated.  It felt like everything was going to be okay.

And it was.

A thriving (100+ indie shops) wholesale business, fresh retail store with 50+ vendors, growing online business, a love partnership, multiple local indie contractors, and 6 employees later…

brick + mortar, view from the loft.

The shop view from the door.

Thank you for believing in this little company.  Thank you for seeing us through our growing pains, for building genuine relationships with us, for giving us a reason to make it even better, tighter, and stronger.  Thank you for being such awesome, supportive, encouraging, vibrant– customers, partners, friends, and family.  We have so much love for you.  We can’t wait to show you what else we’ve got up our sleeves.

From our family to yours...

Thank you for 4 awesome years.  Thank you.

xo~betsy + will

***Song of the Moment: The Winner Is, by Devotchka & Mychael Danna***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

20 Responses to “4 years ago, today.”

1. ThomPaul says:

Congratulations Betsy! Your shop looks AWESOME!

2. betsy says:

Thank you, Thom Paul! You are so a big part of the whole adventure!!

3. Sayo says:

Hi Betsy!

I’ve been “lurking” in the shadows for a while (sounds so creepy- sorry) but I just wanted to let you know 3 things.

1. A few years ago, I was trying to build a website. I was searching the internet for inspiration and was BLOWN AWAY when I came across yours. (that’s how all this lurking business began) Fantastic photographs!

2. I recently was visiting my mom in the NW and got a chance to check out your shop- SO cute. I have to say, your jewelry looks nice in photos, but it is so much nicer in person. I make jewelry too and usually find the opposite to be true. Impressive :)

3. Congratulations on 4 years!!!

4. betsy says:

Sayo,

Hi!! I think you just made my day. …Yep…you just made my day. I just checked out your website and I love your work!! I can only imagine that it is even better (yes, better) in person. Next time you’re in Portland, please stop by again and say hello! We’d love to meet you. Thank you so much for your kind words. Thank you for reading. You are truly awesome.

5. sarah says:

YEAH!!! xoxo. and many more…..

6. betsy says:

Thank you, Sarah! xoxo!!

7. us says:

Happy Birthday! You guys are AMAZING! Wish we were there with a cake!
    xooxoxoxox

8. betsy says:

Awwww, thank you!! We wish you were here, too! (especially, with cake…yes, please). LOVE YOU!

9. Alisha says:

So awesome! Congrats to you and Will on living the dream. xo!

10. betsy says:

Thank you so much, Alisha! So glad we’re friends :)

11. Alisha says:

Aw, me too! I need to come by the shop soooon!

12. betsy says:

YES! We need to get together! xo!

13. Happy shop birthday/anniversary! Now for cake and ice cream…

14. betsy says:

Thanks so much, Suzy! You have been so awesome/helpful through it all! YES, get me some more of that ICE CREAM!!

15. maba says:

Congratulations! I KNOW how hard you work and I can’t think of anyone more deserving for sweet success than you and Will! Happy Sales to you!!!!

16. Ellen says:

Happy 4th birthday…wishing you many, many more!!

17. betsy says:

Thank you, Maba!! You’re the SWEETEST!

18. betsy says:

Thank you, Aunt Ellen! Miss you!

19. bonnie says:

Dear Betsy,

I just visited your website… why? Just yesterday I mentioned to another Portland
    artist how wonderful your jewelry is let alone the most unique, beautiful and warm
    human being you truly are. I tell EVERYONE about you Betsy and your fantastic
    earrings.

I know for a fact that you cannot be the best secret in town but I am so happy
    that you are sharing your gift for all the beautiful ladies. Congratulations again
    and ofcourse to Will too ( he does such a beautiful job being your partner)

20. betsy says:

Aw, Bonnie, thank you so much. You have always been such a wonderful customer. It’s always such a pleasure to see you—when do we get to see you again!? It’s meeting wonderful people like you that really makes this whole adventure worth it for us. Thank you so much for all of your encouragement and support. You are a wonderful lady!